Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

We heard from Shane!!!!!!!

2/19/11
Hey guys!
Well, thank you for the emails! I am able to check my email on fridays, although it was a saturday this week. So, to catch you up, I took the plane, and sat next to a minister, and so I was able to introduce the book of mormon to him. We had a great talk, and we built a great relationship. He was amazed by what I was doing and so it was really easy to talk with him about the gospel. I do not think that he will read the book of Mormon right away, because he says that there is no motivation, although I feel that I have explained it well. I think that he is a little afraid that it is true, but I am sure that he look at Mormons in a new light, and is amazed by our inward commitment. I arrived at the MTC early, and found that they did not expect me (the mission office did not tell them that I was coming a week early) but everything worked out okay. I have two companions who are awesome: Elder Vargas and Elder White. I am learning Portuguese incredably fast! I am already praying and speaking in it and it has been three days of learning. It is an incredible language. The nazal sounds are awesome, and the gift of tongues is so real. I am working all of the time, and I have no problem sleeping. I do miss you guys and love you all so much!
Also, I am the Senior companion, and on Thursday I was called to be the destrict leader, although I was promised that it would not interfere with my study time and learning of the language. So, what else is there... the food is great, although I think that I am losing weight because it is more healthy than Pizza Hut. I am really excited to get out into the field although I really want to know the language. Time in the MTC is really wierd. It feels like I have been here forever because of the long hours studying, but at the same time, it feels like I have hardly been here because there is so much to learn. I still have not gotten use to looking in the mirror as I walk by and seeing myself wearing a missionary name tag, but I guess that that will come with time. Tony, I cannot wait for you to experiance this! How can I explain it... it is like being in Hogwarts from Harry Potter. Everything is completely new and really strange, like a new world. Everybody is way ahead of you in languages. You walk down the hall and hear Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, French, Japanize, and many other languages all of the time. Over 50 languages are being taught in the halls that I am walking around!!! It is unreal!
So Mom, I promised you my mailing adress. There is a sight that you go to called dearelder.com that helps with the provo mission. You should be able to look me up with my first and last name, and my mail box number is 186. I also need a favor. To get into and out of Brazil, I need a yellow fever trifold card. I Should have one somewhere at home. I guess that I should have got it when I got the shot. I have not heard anything about my visa, and they are telling me that I will most likely be spending the whole 9 weeks here at this MTC, and hopefully I will then be on my way to Cuiaba, which seems to be the mission that every missionary wants to go to!!! So, if you could send me that, that would be great. Thanks. Also, I only have so much time to email before the computer locks me out, so if you could ask questions and all of that stuff in letters, it would be great.
About tything, it was 260 dollars, plus whatever you put into the bank. Well, time is running out, but I love you all and looking forward to hearing from you. Tchau Tchau
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment