Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 12 1/4 Letter

May 11, 2011
Shane was at the mission office in Cuiaba longer than he thought he would be because of some paperwork. They told him to go ahead and e-mail us since he didn't get to talk to us on Sunday for Mother's Day. He and I were able to e-mail back and forth for a while and this is his one-sided conversation.

Hey, I am sending more or less an emergency email to you. I am still in Cuiabá trying to become legal here because the MTC in São Paulo messed up some paper work. No worries, I think that everything will be fine, justa head ache, but the problem is that I do not know when I will be able to call you. I thought that I was going to get back to Sinop at about 4 in the morning, but it turns out that we have no idea if we will be leaving today or tomorrow. If we leave tomorrow, I could probably have you call me tonight here in Cuiabá, but I think that odds are I will be in the bus heading to Sinop. We have a cell phone, but there is no way that we would have service in the middle of nowhere, and I probably would not arrive into Sinop until after 10 or 11:00 pm, so calling you will not work. If you are there, shoot me an email and we will figure all of this out. As a last resort, we can settle on a time on this coming Sunday, and I would call anytime that is most convinent for you. Sorry about all of the confusion. I know that you are all really busy, and I hate being an inconvinence even from the bottom of the planet. Shoot me an email as soon as you get this and we will try to figure stuff out. Thanks mommy, with love, your missionary Elder Lee
Hey, I am here now. I am at the office on and off trying to figure everything out. Are you there?
Okay, so 7 to 8 on Sunday morning would be 10 to 11 my time in Sinop. Okay, I will call you when I get the chance. Sorry about all of the confusion.
Probably, but I traveled from one to the other, and there is no time difference. I am right now looking at the blog. It is a lot of fun, but so wierd to think that life is going on over there just like normal lol. I for some reason was thinking that you were all trying to learn a new language, and time seems to have stopped being relevent lol. P.S. until now, I totally forgot what carpet looked like hahaha. Yeah, the little things that you miss like carpet, cereal, two knobs at the sink and shower (one for hot and one for cold), and pizza.
Wow, tony looks good in a suit. Is that the suit that I sent home? It fits him well, doesn´t it?
Here are some more pics. Again, I hope that they work for you. Let me know...

Here is a pic of a member. He is 15 years old. I am not short down here. In fact, everybody thinks that I am older then I am because of my build. I can take everyone on in arm wrestling lol. I seriously have a bigger build than most of the adults, and and I taller than half of them as well.




Here is a pic of a member. he is 15 years old. I am not short down here. In fact, everybody thinks that I am older then I am because of my build. I can take everyone on in arm wrestling lol. I seriously have a bigger build than most of the adults, and  I am taller than half of them as well.

yeah, I looked at it and she sent me an email that I recieved this las monday. it is so unreal, she is going to be a mom! weird beyond belief! Am I really going to be a dad one day?...
Hey levi lee!!! What is up buddy?
Wow, all good questions. I am teaching a bunch of people right now, Junior, Eva, Alina, Audrela, and others. With the guy on the plane, a missionary has his information and he is in the Campo Grande area, but I have not heard anything, and yeah, people are really approachable, less in Cuiabá, but really easy to talk to in Sinop. But this is sometimes a problem because people will always invite you back and they may not ever be interested in the church. I think that I have thought of a new way to approach people. Teach the first lesson on the initial contact in about 5 minutes, and ask them if they will be baptized when they find out that they church is true. If they say yes, we will return. Right now, we do have people on date to be baptized, but you never know if they are going to go through until the day of. That is just how the people are down here. Really chill, and time is not important to them. I just made a goal with the mission pres to have 12 people baptized in the next 12 weeks, but I am hoping that I will be able to do more than that. Everybody is always asking me to sing in English. Here, the best music and movies are from America. They have the movies translated, but the music, they are content not understanding because they just like the sound. I may be a pop star down here some day.
Thanks mom. I really am trying, and the langauge is coming, although sometimes I forget how important patience is in the gift of tongues. It really is amazing though. I wake up every morning, and think, wow, I know a different langauge! It is cool. I met a missionary leaving, who can understand everything, but he does not speak it very well, and the Brazilians say that it is because he speaks in English whenever he can, and he simply tried to get by with mostly a missionary vocab. I am dedicated to becoming Brazilian in 2 years. I have not had a conversation in English for so long! Only Portugues for the last 3 weeks. Wow! Sometimes, my head feels close to exploding, but other times, I am thinking in Portuguese!!! It is really wierd though, because my thought process plumets.  lol
I am at the office, and it might be the mission home too, but I do not think so. I do not really know to be honest. Learning a new langauge is awesome. Maybe when I get home, I will learn, and then I will know 3 langauges!
Alright, I am going to go and study, but I love you and I cannot wait to talk to you on the phone (probably Sunday). Talk to you later mom. Love you!  Love you Josh.
PS: Don´t worry about that site, it is not going to work anyway. I will try to mail the sd card to you. Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment