Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 15 Letter

June 6, 2011

Hey everyone! Well, I made it through the transfer and I am staying in my little branch in Sinop, which is exactly what I wanted to do. I love the people here. My new companion is Elder Melo, who was in our house during the last transfer working the other side. He speaks no English, which is exciting:) He is also the new district leader. We work well together, and we are staying busy. We have one couple working on marriage now, and the husband will be baptized shortly later. I am really excited for that. It will be great for the 3 little kids as well. They all love me, although I am not sure why. I think that it is because I talk funny. This Sunday I was asked to teach and handle the primary/nursery by myself for 2 hours. It made me think, hum, what would Shauna do? It was good. They all like me, which was a little problematic because they were became little excited monkeys, and so I was trying to teach the 6-9 year olds and entertain the 2-5 year olds. It was good though. They parents all like how much there kids like me. Anyways, the mission is great. We have big plans for baptizing this transfer, which I am really excited about. We also reactivated a large family who have now attended church 4 times are bore testimony this past Sunday (and I wore my silver tie Tony). It was great. My langauge is improving rapidly! I am understanding more and more, especially when teaching people. It is awesome. What seemed impossible has become possible and a reality through the Holy Ghost. It is so awesome. Everything is going great, and we are teaching really cool people. We contacted a guy on Saturday (college aged) and he could not believe that I was from the united states so I invited him to church. He came and brought a friend as well. I talked to them afterwards and they want us to stop by and teach them more. I am really excited. Also, we are helping a member’s husband prepare to be baptized. We only really talked with him once, but I am really excited. He is a great guy, and I think that he has seen the gospel bless his little family and his wife. It is great! The work is great, the fruits are great, and the harvest is wonderful.
So, how are all of you? I hope that you are all doing well and getting ready to finish off the school year. It is unreal how fast graduation came. I cannot believe that I have been on my mission for over 3 months! 3 and a half now! It is incredible. I feel like I need to get busy, time is running out. Well, I love you all and I look forward to your future emails. Love Elder Lee

Hey, I sent an email catching you up with everything, and I did get an email from Bro Schmauder. Let him know that I appreciated the email, and that he was a great help to me and my preparation. I do not think that I am allowed to email him, only to family, but if you get the message to him, that would be great.

Wow, that is great to hear. I love it when people grab on to the gospel and feel its power, and then decide that that is what they want despite of the temptations of the world.

Here are some pics. Tony, I really did wear me tie, and I have a pic to prove it. Also, I am not weak sauce yet, so you better not get lax and think that you can take me just because I come home an old fat man. Also here is a pic of the baptism of Fransielle. It was awesome. She is doing great, and she is excited to teach her parents when she returns home after college. Sorry that it is taking so long. The computers in this lan house look exactly like the first computer we had when I was a kid, and it is taking forever.

No problem. I miss teaching my class in the Havana words. I am right now sitting with a member, the one that I told you about who helps us out a lot. Willians. He is awesome. He is now preparing to serve a mission. He wants to say: “I am the older brother to Elder Lee now because he is my younger brother. I like you all a lot because his family is my family. You do not need to worry about him because he is with me. Wait, I am thinking. When Elder Lee returns home to the united states I will visit you all when I visit him. and... I am really excited to snowboard for the first time in the united states. That is about it. No news more, but see you later.”
He is awesome. Of course I was translating, but he does know some English from school and video games. He is awesome. He is 21 years old, and is attending college in Sinop, although he lives in Cuiaba.

Well gotta run, I love you all, and I hope that you have a great week. Love ya, Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment