Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 16 Letter

June 20, 2011
Hello Family!
Another week flew by. I cannot believe that I have been on my mission for over 4 months! And now I believe that it has been 9 weeks in Brazil. That does not sound like a lot of time, but hey, just think, 9 scout camps. Yeah, anyone who has been to scout camp knows that 9 weeks is forever, but the past 9 weeks for me has gone by so fast! At the end of the next transfer it will be 6 months! Unbelievable! Well, were to start... I did not get my baptism, but we will continue for this next week. I will send the pics of the last baptism. Wow, with lessons and people, I do not even know were to begin. One lady that I have been teaching is ready to be baptized but needs to marry her husband legally. He is living in Cuiaba for work, but on day this week I found him here on a break. I talked with him and taught him the first lesson with Elder Reis (had a division). Because we were working my area I was the lead missionary because we are both juniors. He loved everything that we said. He is more excited about all of this then the wife which is not normal at all. It was really fun, but especially because I forgot that I was speaking Portuguese. I was teaching and speaking like I would in English. It felt so normal and right. It was really fun teaching and then laughing and visiting. We returned the next day, I was still with Elder Reis and taught about the faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. Same thing; perfectly comfortable teaching and speaking in Portuguese. Afterwards, I committed him to be married legally and be baptized in order to receive the fullness of the blessings that I had taught. He eagerly agreed and will prepare everything in Cuiaba to be married, return to Sinop and be married and baptized with his wife. Also, we are about to start teaching a family of 8 which is really exciting. The family is a mom and kids. The dad is in prison in Cuiaba because he was an alcoholic and he beat his wife and kids. We taught the 14 year old daughter who came to church and she loved everything and really felt the spirit. Teaching many more oc course, including the sister of Rachid who we are hoping to baptize this week. I love being a missionary. Oh yeah, and yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about obedience, and how we are saved by grace after all that we can do, and how our faith (being true will include works and obedience) gives us access to the grace and healing power of the atonement of Jesus Christ. It went well. I am becoming more and more comfortable with the langauge. It is awesome! I love Portugues! It is so pretty and really fun to speak and hear. Dad, Happy Father s Day! Sorry that it is a day late, but knowing how we celebrate birthdays, I figure a day late is still valid. Thank you for everything that you have done for me. Not a day goes by were I do not think of a lesson that you taught me, be it is a classroom setting or by example, or in our car rides together. I am so thankful to have been born of goodly parents, and truth be known, the best parents. Thank you so much! I love you all! Mom, I cannot believe that I might have 2 more brothers! I am so excited! I cannot even describe my feelings. I am really happy! The photos are super cute. Plus, Jet Lee just seems to have a ring to it. Well, I have gotta run, but I love all of you and thank you for your prayers. I can feel them. Até mais!
P.S. The photo with fire is because Elder Melo has finished his first year.



No comments:

Post a Comment