Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 45 Letter

Monday, January 9, 2012

Dear Family,
Another week as flown by without me noticing.  This week was a little difficult but we pushed through with faith and we had some good results.  We taught some new people and some less actives this week because we were in need of more people to teach.  This Sunday we had 6 investigators and 2 inactive members come to church.  It was awesome.  Also, this Sunday our gospel principle teacher was not here, so I taught the class that was full of people.  I think that there were at least 20 people listening.  A class really big for our branch.  I taught about our eternal family with Heavenly Father.  It went well.  Also, I started the month bearing my testimony this Sunday, because for some reason our testimony meeting was moved to this Sunday instead of last Sunday.  It was good.  What else... oh, funny story, yesterday I picked 3 marmãos from the road, or in English it is pie-pieas.  I have no idea how to spell that.  Pie-pie-as.  Everybody understand?  Good.  I also cut them and helped make a desert, and after I found out that the milk form this fruit burns your hand like nobody’s business.  Wow, it was crazy.  My hand was on fire!!!  After a few hours is went away though, and the dessert was good.  So, I do not know what else to say, because I think that I already about summed everything up with mom, but this week should be good and we are excited to get to work this week.  We have some new people to teach and we have some others that just need to get baptized.  The work is great.  I love you all and I wish you all a happy 2012!!!
Elder Lee

Hey my little men and my little girls!  It was great to hear from you.  Mason sounds like a good friend Ryan and Koli, I cannot wait to play the new Zelda game with you, but I think that I will have to beat the old one first.  Becca, I think that you are an amazing little girl, and I remember the poster that we made.  I think I did the writing of the title, if I remember correctly.  It was a lot of fun.  Katie, I just ate pancakes today for lunch.  In the language here they say Pancakes, because it is an English word but they cannot say it right, hahaha.  Well, I love all of you and have a great week!!!
Love Elder Lee

Hey mom, what a great story.  Wow, I sure loved hearing that.  You were an answer to a missionary who is praying for a miracle.  How awesome!  I sure love you mom.  How lucky I am.  Thanks for doing a Facebook for me.  It is the only way to keep in contact with everybody here.  I will look into it a little today if I have time.  I will send an email to Gma for sure.  Hey, do have an email address for cousin Shelby?  How is he doing?  Yeah, I got the pics; I am at a house of a member, Val, the one that I introduced you to on Christmas who is in the wheel chair.  The videos are trying to load right now and I have not taken a lot of pics this week, or any really... sorry, I will try to take more for you because I know that you like to see them.  Our baptism did not happen because all of the leaders took a bus ride to the temple.  It is three days by bus, and so we did not have anybody to do an interview.  We are kind of isolated here, without a cell phone or other missionaries.  We send a report to the president once a week, but that is it.  Kind of in the middle of nowhere.  I am doing good though.  This week I read the book of Alma, which is always awesome, starting with the missions of Alma and the sons of Mosiah, and then going into Moroni, Lehi, and Teancum and Helaman.  I really love it.  So, because I just thought of it, have you sent retainers again?  I think my next transfer will be on Feb after the first week.  Something like that.  I think that there is a good chance that I will stay here because my companion is leaving for sure, to his home, and so I think that president will want to leave somebody here who already knows everything and everyone.  So, if you would like, I could give you the address of this member here and you could send it to her house, because who knows when I will go to Cuiaba again.  And if I leave, and they get here afterwards, she will send it to me and I will give her the money.  Hey, do you think that you could do me a favor?  When you send the retainers, use my money and buy a soccer ball, Addidas or Nike (because the brand matters and a Nike or Addidas is like, $150 here and a dream of all Brazilians), and then have all of the kids and you and dad sign it with signatures and send it for my companion.  I will give it to him as a Christmas, going home, present.  Even if he has already left when it arrives he is coming back to visit or live here  in a month´s time.  Also, send a Wilson or Nike football too, because it is an awesome p-day activity with the youth.  They all want to try football.  We are without a cell so we use Val´s house as kind of a home base because she helps us with the phone problem and so we pay the credit, but to call other missionaries is long distance she we just use her cell phones to call investigators, but it is kind of hard.  We have a phone but it is without service because the secretaries gave us the wrong number on the card so all of our calls would count as long distance, and so they said that they would switch it but it has been a month now and nothing.  Kind of difficult, but hey, what can you do.  So, we do our best and right to the president every week to let him know that we are alive and active in the church, lol.  In the mission there are only two seasons.  Wet and hot, and dry and hot.  Right now we are in the wet and hot.  Alright, perfect.  I gotta go pretty soon.  I am going to help sister Val clean and mop the floor, but I love you and wish you a great week.  Love you mommy!!!

Hey Levi Lee!!!  Of course I miss you, and of course I love you.  I cannot wait to see you again and play with you.  We will do all kinds of fun things.  I am glad that you are going to be a super cool big brother for Jet.  We will all be best friends.  I love you Levi and have a great day buddy!!!

Hey dad thanks for the story.  I want to be that kind of missionary.  Thriving in adversity, he will always find a way.  Good luck with the conference, I am sure that it is going to be awesome, and I am a little jealous that I will not be there to listen to him.  He is awesome.  I love reading the Liahona magazines because the apostles and first presidency are amazing teachers. Well, have a great week dad!  I love you!  Elder Shane Lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment