Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Week 46 Letter (James says we are on week 48 of the mission so Shane must have missed a week or two writing!)

Monday, January 16, 2012
Hello my family!!!
So, I am a little short on time, but here is the official letter for you all.  This week was good.  We have made some progress.  Sadly, the baptism of Cleidiane did not happen, but it is because Val was unable to attend church and Cleidiane really wants Val there.  So, she remarked here baptism for this Sunday.  Also this week, we started teaching a young single adult named Naiyara.  She is awesome.  She has a lot of desire to learn and has many deep and well thought out questions for us.  At first, I thought she was wanting a bible bash because we arrived for our appointment she had a big bible, some books of the church, and a bunch of notecards, but after visiting and teaching her, we found that she really just wants to know which is perfect, because if you knock, it will be opened unto you.  She has already been to church a few times and was there again this Sunday.  This Sunday we had 6 investigators at church.  José, the father of Davela who we baptized, Cleidiane and her cousin Luana, Neiyara, Joyce, and the mother of a member whose name just left me... but anyways, it was good.  Towards the end of the month, President Oliveira is coming to Ji-parana to do some interviewing and I think he will reorganize the branch presidency, but he also said that he will work with us, so I am really excited.  It is going to be awesome.  President Oliveira is a really special man, a man with a huge spirit, a lot of love, and a man with authority.  I am really excited!!!  So, that is about our week as far as news goes.  This Sunday we did have a baptism in the branch of an 8 year old boy names Jean.  It was awesome seeing him get baptized and it made me think of how Koli´s baptism must have been.  So, there you have it.  I love you all and wish you a great week.  Love Elder Lee

Hey mom,
Sounds awesome and I wish that I was there, but I know that this is where I need to be.  I sure hope that Jet is alright, and I am really excited that the process is moving along.  I was able to listen to Elder Bednar which was awesome, so I can imagine, but to sit down at lunch and really converse with an apostle is something really special.  I am so glad that you had that opportunity.  I will write to gma today, thanks for the address.  Also, about Facebook, I gave Val my username and password and she is going to accept the Brazilian people for me because she knows who to accept and who to deny.  Some people post less than appropriate things, and there is also the problem of snakes, or in other words, girls that go after missionaries.  So if you want to accept Americans, I will let Val choose the Brazilians.  Thanks for doing this for me.  Also, thanks for the balls.  I am excited to play a little football and Santana will love the soccer ball.  Did you buy addidas or nike?  Also, make sure that everybody signs it, and if you want, you can sign Shiloh’s name for him. It would be awesome to fly through London.  I hope that works out because you will be able to see a little bit about dad´s mission, although I am sure that it has changed some.  Brazil is growing fast; especially in my mission because there is a lot of room to grow. For example, a year ago when Elder Santana was here, almost all the roads were dirt, but after a year and a little all of the main roads are paved and some of the others.  I want to return to Brazil to visit some of my areas.  It would be awesome.  Maybe you could come with me hahaha.
My investigators are well and elder Santana is doing well too.  He is tired and worn out so I have to take advantage of every opportunity, but it is part of the mission.  I am learning a lot and I think that he is learning too.  I have to remember that the mission never was about me.  It is about doing whatever I am asked.  Right now I was asked to send Santana home clean.  That is not always easy with Brazilians, but we are doing well.  I already told Val that you do not use Facebook a lot, just to talk with Shiloh, and she understands.  She is awesome.  Also, we had a snowless Christmas, and it is starting to get hotter.  Saturday was burning man.  I have a tan line from my tie now.
I love you,
Your son Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment