Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 18 Letter

July 4, 2011
Hey Family!
Wow, is it really the 4th of July already! I did not even think about that! Time really is flying! Well, we did not get our baptism this Sunday because the 8 year old girl and her mother were in Sorriso with a sick relative. The mom cannot be baptized because we are working on a marrage to her husband who is out of town because of work, but she is every excited about the gospel and loves learning and hearing our lessons. Also, I am the1st American that she has ever seen, and she is amazed by my Portuguese (especailly for only 2.5 months in Brasil). I am very excited today. Elder Reis (the other junior companion, Brazilian) and I are working all day today trying to set up baptisms for the last Sunday of the transfer. I am hoping that we will be blessed for working on a P-day. Everything here is good, although I really cannot think of anything else to say. If I am spelling a lot of words wrong it is because this computer cannot keep up with my typing, so I am trying to go back and fix everything, but I might miss some mistakes here and there. So, what else... I am teaching both members and investigaters and my Portuguese is improving like crazy, both understanding and speaking. Sadly, this probably means that my English is becoming worse and worse. Wow, I have not had a conversation in English since I have called you. Yeah, it has been a little while. After I finish my letter to you I am going to go and visit Lia and Realison. I taught them all of the lessons during my first transfer. Lia is a member of the church. They have been going to church for the last 5 Sundays, and tomorrow the state is paying for marrages, so I will go and tell them, get them ready to be married, and then Realison will be baptized this Sunday. I am really excited! I will let you know what happens next week. It is sad to hear about the bunnies. Stray dogs are more than a problem here. There are hundrends on the street. At least 1 for every block. They do not bother anybody and they are all relativily small because there is not a lot to eat. The life of the dog is really sad here. I love Brazilians, but they do not really care for animals that much. Keep a dog as a puppy and when it grows leave it on the street. Anyways, eveything is good here. Tommorrow I will be in Sorriso for a training meeting with President Oliveira. I am looking forward to some training. I cannot believe that I am finish my second transfer this week. I hope that I stay in Sinop again, even if I am moved to the other branch. This week I helped Will fill out his mission papers because his handwritting is not the prettiest. He is awesome. His mom is member but is not active and not all the way there sometimes and his dad is not a member. He says that he wants to live with me after his mission because we are brothers. When ever I have a hard day, he is always reminding me that all of his baptisms are my baptisms. He is the man. Also, during fast and testimony meeting Surgio (a member 15 yrs old) said, as he pointed to Elder Melo and I, that he decided to serve a mission. He is the boy that I sent you a picture of in the blue escola shirt. He is great. Well, I wish you all a happy Fourth of July! Love you all!
Elder Lee
 
Katie!!!
Happy birthday! You are getting old already! What is going on! So, my little woodwind buddy is all grown up. I hope that you have a great birthday. You have always been a good little girl, and I know that you will be a great grown up girl. I am so proud of you. I miss you so much! I cannot wait to see the pictures of you on the blog! Keep being awesome and know that I love you. You are the best. Save a peice of cake for me, okay :) Love you katie and have an amazing b-day.
Love your big brother, Elder Lee.
P.S. I was kidding about the cake. You know me, I am an ice cream kind of guy. Tchau!
 
Hey shauna, how are you! Wow, I feel like I am talking to you like normal. How are you?  Everything is good. Convinced Elder Reis to work with me today even though it is p day. I am hopping to get some baptisms planned for this Sunday because it might be my last sunday here in Sinop.  I will find out Sunday and probably leave Monday if I am leaving. A transfer in my mission could mean 24 hours on a bus. I hope that I stay here because I am loving it, but God knows the right place, huh.  Sweet! Sounds like a blast. Well, I gotta get back to work. My next appointment should be a fun one. Tell the family that I said hi and that I love them all.
Até mais!

No comments:

Post a Comment