Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Week 25 Letter

Monday August 22, 2011
Hey everybody!
Well, to catch everyone up, we had a rough week of finding and teaching.  Jean was not baptized wed because he was out of town because of work.  We were informed that he would be back Saturday but we could not find him Saturday or Sunday at his house.  So we will continue to try and track him down, teach him, and baptize him.  He is a great kid and he has great desires but Satan is working in his life more than we can right now so things are complicated.  Yesterday was transfers.  Elder J Silva will go to Matto Grosso do Sul (South) and I will stay here with Elder Leal (Brazilian who I have met but do not really know.  I bought him Subway in Cuiaba in the first zone conference that I had in the mission because he was out of money).  He seems to be cool.  This transfer we are starting with 4 potential baptisms and I am set on finding much more.  There are people here looking for the truth and people that are ready to accept the gospel in their lives.  I just have to find them.  My toe is doing better mom, it hasn´t fallen off or anything.  And to answer your question mom, it gets dark here at about 6pm, but we have full daylight at 4 30 am.  Strange, right? Although to me, light at 8 pm sounds strange.  Amazing how fast you get use to a place.  It has been cold this week.  I even used a sweater the other day because it was really cold.  Ha, I just used a converter on our cell and found that it was 70 degrees F.  Yeah, I will die when i return home in Feb.  This week, I did find something that made me think of all of you.  I actually discovered ROUS´s  (Rodents Of Unusual Size)!  Yeah, I didn´t believe they existed either. lol.  But seriously.  I cannot send a pic now because of this particular lan house, but you can probably see pics of them.  I have no idea what they are called in English, but in Portuguese they are called capivara.  Look it up on Google.  They are really cool.  I say them in a park and so Elder J Silva and I went to investigate.  There was group of about 10 drinking at the river.  There were two that were really big, and one was the leader because the rest of them would follow.  I tried to get close but they all jumped in the river and started swimming.  Yeah, did not expect that.  Then they got on the dry land again and so this time, I walked up to them, but kept my distance and got on my belly and started crawling to them very slowly.  It was about 6 30 pm so it was dark and I was in black slacks and my black sweater.  I got close, but then he saw me and started making this weird growling sound.  I slowly crept closer and closer and he just stood there growling and eating grass until I was about 3 feet.  Super close.  Then he started to leave.  I was also taking pics which made him nervous.  This whole time my companion was freaking out.  He thinks that I am a crazy American.  Yeah, probably true, but I am pretty sure that they are harmless.  Just a big rat, but man are they big.  Like a rat and a pig combined.  Anyways, thought I would let you now that ROUS´s do exist, but because of the movie we all new that already.  So, how are all of you?  What is new?  I read the blog and it sounds like a fun summer.  Man, I miss our garden!  Especially eating the food.  lol.  Well, I am off to start another transfer.  I am excited and ready to get to work.  Lucas has not baptized for a while now, but this is going to change.  Anyways, until next week.  Have fun storming the castle!

Elder Lee

.
Me - Capybaras have heavy, barrel-shaped bodies and short heads with reddish-brown fur on the upper part of their body that turns yellowish-brown underneath. Adult capybaras may grow to 130 centimetres (4.3 ft) in length, and weigh up to 65 kg (140 lb).[11][12][13] The top recorded weight is 105.4 kg (232 lbs).[14] Capybaras have slightly webbed feet, no tail and 20 teeth.[15] Their back legs are slightly longer than their front legs and their muzzles are blunt with eyes, nostrils, and ears on top of their head. Females are slightly heavier than males. Females average 36 to 66 kg (80 to 145 pounds), while males typically weigh about 34 to 61 kilograms (75 to 135 pounds).
Holy Crap!!  I think he should listen to his comp and keep his distance!  They are the ugliest thing I've seen.  I wouldn't have gotten 20 feet close without a fence between us.  YUK!  We just watched a you tube video of them.  Becca and Katie think they are cute.  Josh says for Shane to try and ride one.  I'm sticking with my original view – GROSS
Okay, we just watched something even worse.  An anaconda eating one of those ROUS's.  I can't believe Shane is there living where these things exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment