Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week 26 Letter

Monday, August 29, 2011
Wow, it looks like you were all having fun this week!  Dad, yeah, it was 70 once last week and everybody stayed inside and I pulled out a couple of sweaters.  For the most part, it is over 100 and it gets down to about 90 during the evening 6 00 to 9 30.  Pretty warm.  Tony, what a catch!  Dude, it was huge, although because it was caught with my spear, I am going to take at least half the credit.  Dude, that is awesome.  When I get home, we are going spear fishing man.  Dad, rice krispies hit the spot.  I am missing American food more and more.  Rice is good, but there is nothing right now like the snap crackle and pop of rice krispies.  So, I am started a new transfer.  I was really happy to stay in Lucas, because I have not baptized here and I know that there are people.  I get my new comp and things are going well.  I planned every day of this week because I know the area, so we worked like dogs.  President warned me that my new companion likes to goof around, but we had a great week and he is more excited than he has ever been on the mission.  It helped that we baptized this week too.   

I have been teaching Biatriz for 2 weeks now and her married son and his wife (not legally married though).  She is awesome and has a really strong spirit.  I have some pics so I will see if I can send them to you all.  We have been working like crazy.  We taught over 30 lessons which is great, especially for the first week of the transfer because the first day was spent traveling and we had a district meeting in Sorriso Friday so we could only work on the street from 6 30 until 9 30.  I am really excited to keep the pace up, and I think that Elder Leal has caught a little bit of me vision as well.  It is awesome.  Also, this week we took the short cut through the park and as we were walking I could have sworn that I saw a snake in the water.  As I looked closer, I pulled out a 12 foot snake skin from an anaconda.   


We then saw a park ranger and told him about it.  He said that the park and various anacondas and he was there because about 2 hours earlier somebody saw an anaconda eating a capivara (ROUS).   

He said that he saw a 12 meter anaconda earlier this month, although I think that he must have been exaggerating a little.  12 meters is huge!!!!  Anyways, life is good and the mission is great.  I looked at the blog and read all of the letters.  It was great hearing from all of you.  I do not have a lot of time today because I am using a computer of a member because we do not have any money because we had to use it on buses going from Lucas to Sorriso and back because the secretaries of the mission forgot to buy them for us but they will pay us back but we have to wait until the 1st of the month.  Anyways, I love all of you and have a great week!!!
Elder Lee


The blog was awesome!  I love you too and have a great day at the lake!


Hey, couple of things.  Everything here in Brazil is super expensive, so I think it would be much cheaper to buy some things there in the states and then ship them to me.  I am in need of a pair of shorts (basketball shorts here are over R$100!) tony can pick them out for me (basketball with pockets) and a good jump rope (the kind EV has, tony knows the kinds that I like, more like a wire then a rope) and that thumb drive and an SD card reader for a regular SD memory card.  Also, if you could send me some ankle socks (the kind that you can hardly see out of the shoe because if there is a part outside of the shoe they will get really dirty really fast here).  Thanks a ton.  You can use my card for all of this, but everything here is ridiculously expensive.  Here is Brasil they have what is called original.  Everything here is false, for example a Nike shirt.  You can buy false shirts for R$20 but to buy an original it is R$200 plus.  Crazy, right?  Well, thanks a ton.  I love you mom!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment