Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Week 58 Letter

Monday, April 2, 2012
Hey,
It sounds like you guys are doing great.  I had a good week, although our baptism was out of town this Sunday and she is not coming back until later tonight, so we will have to remark her date for this Sunday.  I did get to listen to the Sunday sessions of general conference this time, which was a great blessing.  I sure loved it.  It is amazing how great teachers the apostles and our prophet are.  They teach the pure and simple truths in such clarity that even a child can understand.  Just to share a quick thought on general conference, I remember that one of the apostles was talking about gifts of God given to us.  Both physical and spiritual.   I liked how he said that eternal truths are what nourish our spirits.  I thought a lot about that.  It made me think of what eternal truths are most important for the people that I am teaching.  We know so much that we sometimes forget that others are without the core truths that feed our spirits and our spiritual life.  This as simple but profoundly important as God is our loving heavenly father, Jesus is our savior and redeemer, we are not alone in this life, God has restored his true church on the earth based upon the foundation of apostles and prophets, the heavens are not sealed, the authority to preform saving ordinances is once again on the earth, and that each of us has a right to search for divine personal revelation from our creator and all powerful Father.  What a blessing to know these truths.  There are many that do now know.  Many that are searching for truths, but do now know where to find them.  Many that are spiritually hungry, even famished, and are waiting to be introduced to the fullness of the gospel that has a part in our lives.  What a privilege I have as a fulltime missionary and we have as members and partakers of his gospel, to share these eternal truths to those that are ready to partake of the feast that we so freely have.  We are a light to the world, and our light is truth.  May we continue to bless the lives of those around us, our fellow brothers and sisters, with the truths that we know and hold dear.
My week was good.  We taught a lot, we are learning the area and the members, and we are starting the week out right.  We are excited and we are anxious to work.  I am trying to find more ways to work more effectively.  We are going to try and use the activities of the ward to gain more references and investigators.  It should be good.  We are working a lot with youth in this area.  The youth are excited to work with and help the missionaries.  The older members are less excited, but I think that people will get excited as they see more baptisms in the area.  This area has been a hard place to baptize lately and there was also a time without missionaries before I arrived, so we are kind of reopening the area.  I am excited though.  My companion is doing well and he is learning fast.  Sometimes it is hard training; it is easy to forget that he is new and that he is really learning everything as if it were for the first time.  I think that this because he speak Portuguese so well, hahaha.  But we are learning a lot together and we have a great companionship.  It is a lot of fun training him.  He is a great guy.  He is only 18 which shows a little bit.  Maybe that is a good sign that I am growing up a little, but who knows :)  I will always be a kid ;)  My district is doing well.  I am really enjoying being the district leader.  I did not think that I would, because I just wanted to focus on my investigators and baptisms, but every opportunity to serve is good.  I have enjoyed doing the baptismal interviews.  It has helped my see what a role that we play in the lives of our investigators.  I knew that I loved them, more than I can explain, but seeing the relationship from an outside view I am able to see the love and appreciation that they have for us.  It is cool.  This last week I interviewed a lady and when I asked if she committed a serious crime she told me that she has killed two people and sent the third to the hospital with a bullet hole in his shoulder.  It was not until afterwards that I learned that she is a police and it was not a crime, she just wanted to tell me because her name was on the report.  Wow, that kind of stole my breath.  What do you do in a situation like that?  Luckily, it was not a problem.  So, to finish that letter, I want to let you know that I am well, and that I love all of you.  Mom, let everybody in Ji-Paraná know that I love and miss them and that Elder Lee "manda um braço para todo mundo"  I love you all and have a great week!
Elder Lee

Hey Koli Poki,
Happy birthday.  Man, I cannot believe that you are getting so old.  I remember when you told me that you turned 8 and got baptized.  I cannot believe that you are already 9!  It seemed like yesterday.  You are becoming such a good man.  You are the best.  Dude, I cannot wait to hear about all of the things that you have done while I have been gone.  Are you getting taller?  I have seen some pics that mom sent me on the blog and you look taller to me.  I cannot wait to see for myself.  I hope that you had a great birthday buddy.  You are the man and I am so glad that we will always be brothers.  You are now the coolest 9 year old that I know.  But make sure to let me know what your favorite present was and how your birthday was.  I love you man and have a great week!!!
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment