Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 59 Letter

Monday, April 09, 2012
Hey my family!
How are all of you?!  I am doing great.  We had a good hard working week this week, but sadly we did not see the results that we were hoping for.  That is a little lesson on endurance.  It means continuing to get better without getting discouraged.  I am very excited for this week and we are getting set in the area.  It is kind of a hard area to get set into.  The members are more closed and the area is large, but we have not got a good solid teaching pool, which really consists of youth.  We are teaching some couples, but they need to get married first, but they are making progress.  This week we are going to try and baptize an entire family, which consists of a mom, and her 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy.  She has already been to church from what I have been told, but she was never baptized because I do not think that she was married legally.  I still have not met her.  I have only talked to the kids and her 20 year old niece.  The niece, Emanually has already accepted baptism so we are going to try and prepare her for this Sunday.  It is pretty awesome.  Also, there was a 17 year old girl that wants to be baptized, but her mom is pretty set against the church.  I taught her, but she just wanted to bible bash.  I started answering all of her questions, but I realized that she would always have more.  She was not wanting to learn, just argue.  I even asked if she would believe in the BOM if God arrived in front of her and told her that it was true.  She said no.  What can you do?  I do not like lessons like that.  It makes me frustrated that people can be so blinded in their own personal belief.  I'd imagine that if I did not have the gospel I would be looking for truth.  Not all are ready to her the servants of the Lord.  The 17 year old girl Jeniffer still wants to be baptized so we are going to try and help her.  Maybe her mom will let her, but we will see this week.  The mom goes to a church and is a pastor, but all of her kids do not go because they do not like it, so it would make sense that the mom would want them in a church rather than on the street, even if it is a different church.  Anyways, other than that all is well.  Elder Elizeu is doing great.  He is learning quickly and is happy to be here.  My district is doing well too.  Tomorrow I am going to travel to Carceres to do a division with the two elders there.  It is out in the patanal.  I am excited.  I have only passed through by bus.  I have never left the bus station. So, there is my week for you.  All is well and the work is going forth.  I know that this is God's work and his glory and I am glad that I get to be a part of it.  We all are a part of it, if we want to be.  Those that have a desire to serve are called to the work.  I love all of you and wish you all a great week!!!
Love Elder Lee



Hey mom,
How are you!!!???!!!  I sure love you.  I hope that you had a great Easter.  Elder Maner is an American missionary who lives with me and he bore his testimony and announced that it is his last Easter on the mission.  He is going home in like, 20 days.  I realized that this is my last Easter too.  I am not sure that I am happy about that.  It has gone by so fast.  The mailing address is the mission home.  I am pretty close to there.  Tell Koli that I love him that I am glad that he had a great b day. 

Hey dad,
I haven’t heard you in a while and I was doing some studying, and I was trying to discover the chronological order of the books of the New Testament.  I looked in the bible dictionary and got a pretty good idea, but it does not have all of the dates, maybe because they are not known, but if you know anything more than what is in the bible dictionary, I would appreciate the help.  Thanks.  I love you and have a great week!
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment