Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 72 Letter


Monday, July 9, 2012
Hi everyone!
Sorry that I am writing a little bit later tonight.  We had to switch the schedule around a little today.  So, to let you know, we had a baptism of Thaylanne yesterday.  It was really the other missionaries baptism, but it kind of feels like mine because I went there to teach and interview her a ton of times in the last two weeks with the others on splits.  It was awesome.  She is a wife of a less active member that I meant on the road and after talking with him he said that he would like to come back to church and when I suggested that his wife be baptized he took it as a good idea.  His name is Everton.  They are a young couple with a cute one year old son.  It was awesome.  We also found a lot more people to teach this week.  Today I played b ball and really played.  I am tired, but it is a good feeling.  Tomorrow is a zone conference so it was a good day to play because I will be seated tomorrow for the most of the day.  What else, I did do a division with some other missionaries in my district and we marked a bunch of baptisms, so I am expecting a good week with them.  I might be going over to help them again this week.  Elder Marque is awesome.  He is one of my best companions.  He loves to work and he likes to work smart too.  It is nice.  He thinks a lot like my, but we have a really different history.  He has one year and two months in the church.  Yeah, he was baptized while I was on the mission!  Before the church he was never religious because he just did not know.  So, as a result, I think that he has done everything that is possible as far as stuff outside of the church goes.  I, on the other hand, have not even dated seriously or even held hands.  Kind of funny seeing us together super unified.  Anyways, this Sunday we also brought two other less actives to church which was good.  The work is going forth.  That transfers are coming up.  The transfer day is this next Sunday.  I will know sudsy, and Monday, if I am to leave, will take off to my next area.  I really do not know what to expect because I have a lot of time in this area already, but the training process is normally two transfers and I have only been training Elder Marque for one so far.  Maybe I will stay to finish training his more maybe I will be bouncing.  I really have no idea.  I will let you know next week.  I really would not mind staying another one here with Elder Marque.  Everything is coming together in this area.  It has kind of been a hard area at the start, and there have been some problems in the ward because of past missionaries, but it is all better now, so I would like to stay and enjoy the fruits a little, but sadly that is not normally how it is.  There is always another area in need, but as the hymn goes, I will go where you want me to go dear Lord.  I say Jackson's pics in the Bahamas.  Super cool.  I kind of forgot that there exist cities outside of this jungle that I am in.  I think that I will take a big culture shock when I get home.  Especially the weather.  Brrrrr.  Anyways, I love you all and I wish you a great week!!!!  Enjoy the weather!
PS, here it has gotten down to 65 degrees and everybody is dying, literally.  People who live on the street are freezing to death in some areas.  I have a nasty cold and I am ready for the 100 degree weather again.  Also, we have to take cold showers which are nasty.  Mom, do you remember how I hated to take long showers when I was a kid so that I could get out to watch rugrats, yeah same thing now.  Freezing.  I do not know what I am going to do when I get home to under freezing.  Well, wish me luck in the cold, happily I do not think that it will last very long, it is really strange here.  Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Love Elder Lee

Happy birthday Katie, my woodwind buddy!!!!
I cannot believe that you have already had a birthday again!!!  You are getting old so fast.  I have been receiving pics from mom and I am seeing that you are growing from a cute little girl to a beautiful young woman.  I do not think that I am really going to believe that you are you when I get back.  I hope that you had a great birthday, because you deserve it.  I sure love you Katie, and I am thankful that I have such a nice, sweet, and loving little sister.  One thing that I always liked about you is that you have always been full of energy and that you use that energy to bless other people, be there friend, and make them feel good.  You have never been afraid to do the right thing.  I admire that.  I am your biggest fan, and I am glad to be your big brother.  You are the best.  Also, do not forget to right to me to let me know how your birthday was.  I bet it was a blast.  Dad said that you would go to the lake.  What fun.  I sure love you Katie and I cannot wait to see how pretty you are in person again.  Keep up the good work and always remember that your big bro Shane loves you more than you can imagine.  Have an awesome week sis.
Love Elder Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment