Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Week 93 Letter


Monday, December 3, 2012
Hello family!!!  Well, this will have to be quick, but we had a great week.  Gizele was baptized Friday in one of the most spiritual baptismal services that I have witnessed.  It was awesome to see her there with her member and nonmember family.  She was so ready.  I had the privilege of baptizing her with the help of Elder Herrera.  Because she is paralyzed from the hips down, I carried her into the water, and well I was saying the prayer with my arm raised, Elder Herrera secured that half of her from falling into the water. Then I held her weight again and lowered her into the water and brought her up again and carried her out of the font.  It was awesome.  It made me think a lot about the way Jesus is willing to carry us if we just come to him and lay aside the things that easily beset us.  It was incredible, and then I was able to confirm her on Sunday.  All in all, it was awesome.  Also, we had a baptism of three kids in the ward that I was helping to teach.  I baptized one, Elder Rodriguez baptized the other, and Elder Willians baptized the third.  It was super cool.  The parents are preparing to be baptized as well, but they are waiting for their documents to come back so that the can get married legally.  It was also a great and full baptismal service.  All is well in Zion.  This week I am going to really work on the rest of Gizele's family and friends.  I am excited.  Well, that is about it, sorry that it was short, but it really was a good and busy week.  The zone is doing well, and this next week we are expecting that it only gets better.  I am doing a lot of splits this transfer to try and help everybody out with marking dates, teaching, and planning.  So far, so good.  Tomorrow I am going to help Elder Rodrigues teach a girl that came to church named Bruna, she is a friend of a recent convert.  It should go well.  I think that she is more ready than she thinks.  It will be really the first time that she will be taught by missionaries, and so we will teach the restoration.  Well, I love you all and send you all hugs.  Happy holidays!!!
Love, Elder Lee
PS - I did take pics, but I am not here with my camera, I will have to send them next week.  Their names are Karoline 13, Filipe 8, and Keilyane 10.
I did read the blog.  It was awesome.  I cannot wait to meet my two little brothers.  On Christmas I think that I am going to Skype, but I do not have a place yet.  It might be in the lan house here, we are good friends with the owner.


Hey dad, I wanted to wish you a happy birthday!  I know that you are probably not thrilled to be 47, but I am sure that you are still young.  I sure love you dad, and I really do look up to you.  I am thankful for everything that you have taught me.  Some of the things that you have taught me before are just now really sinking in.  Your lessons have left and continue to have a great impact on me.  Also, I am expecting a lot more lessons after the mission, because to be honest, I am scared spitless about the after mission life.  I know that I am in good hands though :)  I will have lots of questions and doubts, but I am really glad that I feel like I can tell you everything, and without fear ask for help, counsel, and advice.  I am going to need it.  Sometimes I feel spoiled that I have the perfect family, and when I try to tell people about the joy that their family can have, I perceive that they do not fully understand the meanings of these words as I do.  I really know that families can be forever, and that families can be happy here in this life.  I know this because I have been raised by goodly parents who love the Lord, and who are fully converted.  This last month I have been thinking a lot about the difference between a testimony and conversion.  A testimony is a belief or knowledge of something that is true.  Conversion is a testimony put into action and into practice.  A testimony can be received in an instant.  After one prayer somebody can receive a testimony, or in other words, a spiritual witness about any truth, be it about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, tithing, or perhaps church attendance.  Conversion, on the other hand, is something that happens over time.  It is the changing of one's heart to submit to all things that the Father sees fit.  It is a testimony in action and a habit formed over time.  I know that my testimony has grown and been strengthened over the mission, but really, I have always had a testimony of these truths.  What has changed is my level of conversion.  I want to continue increasing my level of conversion for the rest of my life.  I think that this is what is meant by endure to the end.  To become converted to the Lord, and eventually become perfect, as he is.  Well, there is my thought for you.  I was not thinking about saying all of that in a birthday card, but I really do want to wish you a happy birthday, even though it is a little late and let you know that I love you dad.  From your grateful and proud son - Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment