Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 39 Letter

Monday, November 28, 2011
Sounds like you had a great week. We had a good week too, although I am a little bummed that I did not get to play football, but I guess that there a many more turkey bowls to come, right? I am hoping to play a little bit today. I am going crazy without some sports in my life.  Today I think that we are going to play bats, a game like baseball, but because all of the equipment is a lot of money they play bats which is like cricket, using some kind of ball, a 2 x 4 board and a 2 liter pop bottle as home plate. Something like that. I have never played, but I have seen it on the streets. This week we also had a baptism.  Douglas, a friend of a member was baptized and confirmed this week. Elder Santana baptized him and I confirmed him. It was awesome. He is a great guy. He is 16 years old, and he is really excited about the idea of serving for a mission. He is really cool.  

Also, we have a baptism marked with an 18 year old girl for this Sunday so we will work with her this week. What else is there to report? I love the new area. The people here have been missing missionaries so they were really excited to have us. Also, the city is big.  It is not like our city, much older looking but it is improving quickly. It is a big area for just 2 missionaries but we are doing our best. We have to walk a lot, but God is blessing us greatly with success. For example, to walk to the house of the kid we baptized we have to walk about an hour and a half. It is a lot in the sun. There is a lot of sun here. Sometimes I think that it is hotter than Cuiaba. It is also really humid. Luckily, it cools down during the night which is different than Cuiaba. But all the same, it is hot here. It is super far north man. Awesome though. So, what else... I think that that about sums it up. Oh, and this member whom I am with right now is Val, she has two daughters and she is in a wheel chair.  She is so awesome, and she helps us so much. She has ton of references and she likes to go out with us to teach people which is a huge help. She says that I am the first American that she completely trusts to push her in her chair on the street. Hahaha.  I wonder what happened with the other Americans that were here... but she is awesome, a mom to everybody in the branch and to all of the missionaries. You would love her mom, and she already loves you. So, that about sums up my week. I am really excited to continue working here and doing all that I can in this area. I think that I am going to get transferred the next because it will be the last transfer for Elder Santana, but I am going to enjoy these next few weeks and work hard. So, I love all of you and I am glad that you are all doing well. Have a great week, and I look forward to hearing from you all again.
Love Elder Lee!

No comments:

Post a Comment