Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Week 40

Monday, December 5, 2011
Hello my family!
Thank you all so much for all of my birthday emails!  I am so thankful that I was born into such a family.  I have the best family in the whole world.  Thank you all so much.  20 years have arrived and it does not seem real.  I remember being 12 and thinking that the day would never come, and now that it is here I am thinking that 40 will never come... do you think that there is a pattern in this... neeeh.  So, how are all of you?  I am doing well.  I have all set in the area and I am loving it.  Our baptism for this week fell through.  Wanderleia is an 18 year old girl that has the desire to do what is right and wants to be baptized, but her mom arrived home Saturday and from the moment that she arrived, Wanderleia has become less firm in her decision.  We are going to go over there tomorrow and sit down with her and her mom and get everything figured out.  We have a lot of people to teach this week which is good.  We have been in need.  The members are getting excited and helping more now.  I am excited to get to work and p day has become almost a drag to me.  I just want to teach and baptize now a days (does that work in English).  I had a great b day yesterday.  The branch did a party for me and another investigator who needs to get married and has the same b day.  It was fun.  It is amazing that I come arrive in an area and gain so much love from people.  Only in this church is that possible.  It is so incredible.  They even made a cake for each of us.  What great people.  I am well taken care of here mom, no worries.  What else, that is about it.  We are teaching a lot of people although marriage always seems to be a problem.  We are becoming match makers it seems like. So, that about sums up the week.  Elder Santana is doing great, although from time to time he gets eager to get home.  He only has 2 months left on the mission.  I think that it is normal and he is doing great.  I hope that I am the kind of missionary who has the best 2 transfers in the last 2 transfers.  He is awesome though and we get along great.  Super good friends.  So, there it is in an email, but I love all of you and wish you all a great week.  Mom, I do not know if I will be here for Christmas or if we will have transfers because transfer day falls on Christmas, but I do not know if president will do it early or after because he wants to send the returning missionaries home because Christmas.  We have a conference before I think so I will be able to let you know and plan the phone call home.  I hope that I will be able to speak English with you.  Anyway, I love you all and have a great week!!!


Hey, sorry about that, the power went out here and we ate lunch.  I am at a member’s house.  It is raining like crazy here, but that is normal.  It is the rain season.  It rains really hard for a couple of hours and then gets really hot and humid.  Yeah, because of the rain.  I am serious, when it rains it rains and it never rains without lightning and thunder.  It is crazy.  Power is always going out.  Everybody just gets use to it.  They all have candles and matches, including restaurants because it is so normal here.  Ji Parana is kind of known for this.  It is also really hot, although unlike Cuiaba, it cools down during the night.  I did see the blog, although I did not have sound for the videos, I do not know why.  Our problem is that we do not have money to use a lan house because Elder Santana left his wallet in Cuiaba with his money and cards and so we have been living off my money and really having to cut back on living expenses.  I gotta run, but I love you and next week on Tuesday I will be in Cuiaba for the Christmas conference so maybe I will get my packages and letters.  Love you and have a great week.  If you need to send something important, you can because I might be able to jump back later today.  Love you!!!
Love, Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment