Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Monday, June 18, 2012

week 69 Letter


Monday, June 18, 2012
Well, I am really without a lot to tell.  We did have a confirmation of Eduardo.  It was kind of funny.  I was at his house teaching him and his recently baptized mom and we asked if he was going to church.  At the moment he was on a bed cushion wrestling with his little bros.  He said "I do not know" so I was "forced" to go and wrestle him.  I think that that surprised everybody, especially my companion.  By the third pinning combination he accepted to go to church (a Saturday night ride, a cradle, and a finish with the all awaited for banana split, a personal favorite).  It was a little different technique to get somebody to go to church, but it was effective.  He is a lot of fun.  He even showed up in a suit.  He is awesome.  I sure love him and his family.  His mom even gave me a watch this week to just say thanks.  It was really sweet.  I love the people here.  We worked a ton this week.  We were hoping to baptize Ariane this week but she was out of town at here grandma's house.  We will try again this week.  My companion is Elder Marque from Fortaleza, although he was born in Rio.  He is awesome.  He is 24, so although I am training him, he is already really mature which is nice.  He is awesome, and only has one year in the church but he as a solid testimony.  He also thinks a lot like me.  He was also a professional soccer player.  He is awesome.  So, that about sums up the week.  I do not think that anything out of the normal happened.  Really, to tell the truth, everything on the mission is a little out of the normal, but you just start getting used to it.  We also had a mom and her 2 little boys come to church today for the first time, the boys are 5 and 7.  She really liked it.  Unfortunately she is not married legally, but we will try to teach her and her husband and parents in law this week.  Maybe the parents in law are already married.  Super nice family though.  So, there you have, the week of Elder Lee.  I am doing well, I am happy, and I am loving the mission.  I miss all of you, but don't think that I am in a hurry to come home. I know that I am going to really miss all of this.  The mission is amazing.  I love serving others.  I love serving the lord.  I love being a missionary.  I love all of you too!  Have a great week!!!  I pray for all of you!!!
Love Elder Lee  

Hey, I just got done looking at the blog.  I loved all the pics!   Here we just passed the week of cold that Cuiaba gets but are back into the 100 degrees again, which I am thankful for.  It got down to the 60's and I was almost dying during the night.  I do not know how I will survive there after the mission hahahaha   Hey, it was cool seeing all of you with sunglasses, so here is a pic with me and sunglasses from Brazil rocking out to hymns about a month ago.  Love ya


Yeah, sounds like normal.  You are amazing mom.  At sacrament meeting a sister talked about how the women of the church are amazing and it really made me think of you.  The church would sure be blessed to have you here and I know that our stake is blessed to have you there, and I know that our family is who we are because of you and your righteous, amazing, and incredible love, example, work, and dedication.  Thanks for being the best mom in the world.  I was thinking a lot lately about how blessed I was so be raised in a home where I was taught to put Christ in the center of my life and how that has created my thought process and decision making paradigm.  I sure love you mom!
Hey, are you planning on sending a package, because if so, I could use those Colgate whitening strips that I used.  I think that I could use them again. I looked for them here, but they do not exist.  I got the post card and I did get an email from dad.  If you send it to the office I will get it fast because I am close.  I really appreciate it.  Also, if possible send tony to a good will and see if he can find some cool ties for cheap because all my ties are dirty and ties here are like 20 bucks each.  It is ridiculous.  Also, black socks would be nice.  I have kind of hit the point in the mission where all my things are old.  I guess that means I have more than a year on the mission.  I gotta go, but I love you mom and thanks for everything.  Have a great week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment