Elder Shane B Lee

Elder Shane B Lee
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Vacation tickers

Shane Can Be Reached @

This is the Mission Home address.
Elder Shane Burnham Lee
Brazil Cuiaba Mission
Av. Hist. Rubens de Mendonca, 1731
Sala 10, Bairro: Consil
CSP: 78050-975 Cuiaba - MT
Brazil

Anything under an ounce costs $1.08 to mail.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week 66 Letter


Monday, May 28, 2012
Hello my family!
It sounds like you are all doing great.  I am jealous that Shiloh is babysitting all of you.  How I miss it when she would baby sit us.  Make sure that all of you are being obedient.  I sure love you all.  Mom and Dad, I cannot believe that you are in Africa again.  Our family is all over world, literally.  It is awesome.  I cannot wait to meet Daniel and Jet personally.  They sound like they are the best.  Tony, good work with the missionaries.  I promise you that they will miss you when they are transferred.  I love seeing miracles that happen on the mission every day.  The people that you "run into" always seem to be looking for you and needing what you have.  It is awesome.  This week we had six investigators at church, but sadly, almost all of them need to get married legally still.  It kind of stinks, but we will work with them.  They were in the right place.  One of the couples that need to get married is a 15 year old girl and an 18 year old boy that have been dating for 3 years, recently moved here, and are planning on getting married in Nov.  Yeah, there is Brazil for you.  We will try to find a different house for the boy to live in until they are married.  We taught them a great lesson yesterday and they both want to be baptized.  Also, some more good news that I have been discovering.  When I was transferred from Ji-Parana, I left two baptismal dates marked.  One was with José, who has already been baptized now, and the other was with Auroura, whose daughter I reactivated, whose other daughter I baptized, and who I was helping to stop smoking.  She was also baptized on the marked day and her husband who I was also teaching was recently baptized.  Also, the other lady that I baptized my last week there gave the missionaries a referral and they baptized her uncle.  Also, I do not know if you remember me talking about a lady who I reactivate, but I heard that José is now dating her and they are both super firm in the gospel.  Wow, how awesome is all of that.  I sure love all those people and I am sure glad that I was able to receive all of this good news.  Sadly, I receive very little news about my past areas because of a lack of communication, but Junior is always sending me emails about Ji-Parana and what is going on.  It is awesome.  It makes me so happy to hear that my investigators and baptisms and reactivations are doing well and continuing to grow.  So, that was my week.  I am sure that I am forgetting some stuff that I wanted to tell you, but I really cannot remember at the moment... oh yeah, I went to Cuiaba this week to go to a doctor to get an x ray on my finger that came out of place and that I had put back into place, but it has never healed up right, but sadly the bus was super slow and we got there late and so we did not even get to see the doc, but after we arrived we realized that we were 60 cents short to get a bus back to our area, so we walked to the church in the area looking for change of the ground and nothing turned up.  When we arrived at the church I saw a lady looking at the pics on the billboard, and I do not know how, but I already knew that she was not a member.  So, I went up to her and found that a member was already talking to her.  I got to know her and found that she was interested in the church and that because it was open she decided to go in and have a look.  We gave her a tour and afterwards taught her the restoration and she accepted to be baptized when she got an answer of the Book of Mormon.  At the end, the other missionaries of the area came in and we introduced her to them and gave them the referral.  It was awesome, and afterwards we explained the member, who had served a mission in Japan that we were short 60 cents and he helped us out.  It was all about being in the right place at the right time, and with the right shortage of money.  Kind of funny.  It was awesome though.  So, there is the story of the week.  I love all of you and wish you all a great week.  Mom and dad, good luck in Africa and say hi to the boys for me.  Kids, be good for Shi and Shi, have a blast with them for me.  I sure loved the good ol' days.  Tchau, amo todos de vocês.  
Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment